Sunday, November 26, 2006

Recording the poems

I have started on a project to record my poems. It is a pretty complex operation, as first I have to choose between video and purely audio recordings, then I have to consider background sounds. I am using a Logitck bluetooth microphone to allow me to get away from teh computer, which is pretty noisy. The bluetooth seems to let me get about fifteen feet away before sound quality deteriorates too significantly. I think I should look for a better venue. Poetry has enough against it to have to fight poor sound or video quality too. I spent some time yesterday looking for a video camera . . .
My first attempt is an audio only reading of Dawn's Still Light, recorded by Audacity software using the bluetooth headset. A whole new dimension of presentation.

No comments: