Sunday, November 19, 2006

Back at last!

I have not been able to log into this blog since about November 10, even though I had many things worth saying (which I have since forgotten, of course.)

We completed our very successful Barbershop concert last night, to raves. I wrote a poem about the day leading up to the concert, which I read at the traditional After Glow, when all the acts get up and perform again, for their peers after the show. I was asked to post it on our barbershop forum, which I did, although it is not available to the genral public, but I did also post it in wordcurrents. It is called "Water works". I have posted today's entry for wordcurrents (my 300th new poem posted there! yippee!). It is about the show and the After Glow, and is called "Barbershop's big night in Cornwall".

Just in case you are interested, our C-Way Sound Barbershop Chorus website (which I run) is at cwaysound.ca/

By the way, one of my earlier poetry posts this past week in wordcurrents, "cast X upon the waters", is attracting some fans in Zeugma poetry forum. It is about women's vote. It comes out of some comments Flora made about how some women don't vote, and how this ignores what women went through to get a vote. It is worth reading.

Back to work.

No comments: