Friday, June 08, 2007

Makes you want to think

Posted by Picasa
I noticed this sign a few months ago on my way to my weekly duplicate bridge session. It is at the corner of Pitt and Water streets, on the corner of Cornwall Square Shopping Centre. I am not certain whether the "curtsey" has to have thirty points to it, or the inspection of the "curtsey" has thirty points.

Either case makes me think. A thirty point "curtsey" would have to be a sort of Silly Walk, and how someone would inspect thirty points of said "curtsey" makes you wonder how intimate this inspection process is. I leave the rest to your own volatile imagination: things like whom would you permit to perform a thirty point inspection of anything you did . . . .

Which brings us to the old chestnut about the drunk who, upon being arrested, was informed that anything he said could be held against him. He immediately yelled, "Marilyn Monroe!"

No comments: