Saturday, November 29, 2008

New wordcurrents theme revisited

So I was noticing that two of my stats collectors were showing zero visitors to wordcurrents, even though readers were still commenting on items and Google stats was showing a continuing readership. As an experiment, I went back to my old theme*, and right away, my blog stats all started working again. So I guess there is something about the theme that does not allow stats from most stats engines, including WordPress stats itself.

So now, although I have a new visual direction for wordcurrents, it appears that I cannot use it without losing statistics, my main feedback, since most people do not comment.

One other thing: I am using HTML redirect code on my root home page so that anyone surfing to riverwriter.ca will be directed automatically and almost immediately to wordcurrents.

*theme: a program that controls the blog's appearance. That includes page and background colour, frame outlines, number and size of columns, fonts, consistent graphics.

No comments: