Monday, November 24, 2008

Blog problems and twists and turns

The new look at wordcurrents has come with more than one price:

  1. My usage tracking services are not working, even though they indicate they are: according to two stats services, I have had no visitors since I made the intital change, even though I have had comments on the blog's new look.
  2. Although I like the appearance of the blog, I prefer a three-column layout (which the new beta versions of the theme have, without the same colour choice). So I believe I will give the beta version a shot when I have worked out the wrinkles. (see below)
  3. I have had to downsize the wallpaper to decrease loading times. The wallpaper loses something with the smaller file sizes.




This is a view of what the beta version looks like. The background wallpaper is also available on the current site; just click the buttons in the header to change wallpapers. The wallpaper in this screen capture is a photo I took of snow in the flaming bush beside our garage.

No comments: