Thursday, January 25, 2007

News

I applied to and have been accepted as a member of the Zeugma mailing list for poets. The application consisted of four parts: writing, technical proficiency, critique and analysis, and a bio; here is a link to the criteria. I have not yet submitted a poem for critique, but am working on one. I have submitted a critique of a poem on the list. [Update January 26: I have posted two more criticisms, called CRITs, and finally posted a new poem called "Language Barrier", which has not yet posted because Yahoo is experiencing a huge backlog in which posts are delayed and mis-posted out of order . . . . I guess that will increase the suspense for me.]

There are 66 poets on the list, although I suspect only a few are active at a time. The difference between this list and the usual forum is that I am automatically subscribed to any post; on the writing forums, one must read a post or make a post respond to one before one is subscribed to it. The other big difference is that poems posted on the internet are considered to have been published. The down side of that is that publishers are not usually very interested in such material; however, I believe that material posted in such as the Zeugma list is not considered to be published, since it is not accessible to the general public. (I hope.)

I have started posting results of our Leisure Arts Duplicate bridge, just the first five places. Here is a link, in case you are interested: Bridge. The results are published on Wednesdays.

No comments: