Monday, January 08, 2007

New look at wordcurrents

I am experimenting with new templates for wordcurrents. As a result, it is looking kind of freaky occasionally, as I run through the twenty or so templates I have down;loaded form the good volunteers at WordPress. I have always wanted a calendar that has live links to the posts for each day, to make navigation easier and more instinctual for visitors. I tried using "widgets" to have one with my usual "becca" theme, but the drag and drop does not work in either Firefox or IE7.

I like some themes, but I am worried about how my readewrs will react to white text on a black background or the number "82" mysteriously haunting a prominent corner. Here is a screen capture of the one I am currently trying. I may run poll here to see what my readers think.

The calendar is live, and gives a popup of the title on that date. I think the header image takes up too much room. I shall probably substitute another, like a photo of the St. Lawrence. This is called Wucoco two column, designed by Mike Lococo. I wonder if he is the same Mike Lococo who studied dentistry and lived with us at St. Mike's.

No comments: